S1:E1 Renewed Purpose

Hrafn Falleg

S1:E1 Renewed Purpose

Post by Hrafn Falleg »

[Station Commander's Office - Katra Station]

Hrafn stood, dressed in an old checked shirt and dungarees having had housekeeping work with her to clean the office... she wouldn't make them do all the work, so she'd rolled up her sleeves with them. She looked around and sighed heavily. They were back on Katra following yet another evacuation and this time, she was in charge.

Fleet HQ had seen fit to continue with the vision that Sukal had when Katra first was repurposed as a diplomatic embassy outpost, re-engaging with the species which they had dealt with before and opening for others to join.

With that in mind they decided that Hrafn should be in charge given that she was a Xenolinguist, and Sirol her executive officer since Kyan had indicated he had his own reasons for stepping down and taking on the role of Strategic Operations Officer and the Station's 2nd Officer.

Now they just had to rebuild, both the Station, Embassies and so on... all the physical infrastructure as well as their relationships with various species in the Gamma Quadrant, both known and as yet to be met.

Thankfully, Fleet HQ had seen fit to give her pretty much free rein about how to go about this while stressing the importance of First Contact situations (Hrafn had tried not to yawn too much while they had been preaching to the choir!).

She gave the room a once over again and then hit her commbadge.

=/\= Falleg-Tekin to Sirol, MacKenzie and Pev, could you meet me in my Office asap please, no need for uniform dress, this is just going to be an informal chat... if someone can pick up some goodies from the Bakery on the Prom I'd be grateful, I haven't had a chance to cook yet, we're good for beverages tho... that much is working in the replicators! Falleg-Tekin out =/\=

"Finish up for now guys and take a break, thanks for all your hard work!!" she said to the cleaning crew and watched them file out.

[Falleg-Tekin Family Quarters]

Much like her mother Ruthie was somewhat discouraged by the wealth of work to be done. She was grateful that her mother had pulled strings aka 'used her influence' to have her and Meros together along with Sally and Anth, so the whole gang was here. She at least was a Xenolinguist like her mother.

She sat having 5 mins break and a cup of Ratkajino while watching the chaos that was the quarters at the moment. At least the twins were doing what they could to help Crista, James, Meros, Ujosso, Mary, Sally, Anth and herself to get the quarters ship shape. Luckily she and Sally were billeted together and Anth with Meros so while they were out of the family quarters as far as sleeping was concerned, her mother wouldn't have it any other way that the extended family had as much time together as possible. Hence she was here, since other than a few personal ornaments, some clothes and pictures in the space she shared with Sally, most of her belongings were here in the family encampment. While the Station Commander had toyed with just remodelling an entire floor of the accommodation suites for the use of the extended family, Ruthie was glad she had a little personal space too...love them tho she did, the younger Tekins could be a bit of a handful.

Ruthie realised just how rushed her mother must have been since she'd left her D'jarra on the desk where the Ensign now sat resting. Turning it over and over in her hand she examined how beautiful it was and noticed what she thought was a crack in the blue gem on the piece.

Turning on the angle-poise lamp she turned it this way and that the light caught it and projected what appeared to be a map onto the wall. It surprised Ruthie, and she experimented with the other gems to no effect. It seemed part of the map was missing but she did see a symbol she knew, although reversed and transposed, (upside down and flipped 180) that she loathed with every fibre of her being.

The Obsidian order up in one corner. Everything was hazed blue as if looking through a blue filter. At that moment there was a knock on the open door of the quarters and a cadet stood there looking apologetic.

"Um I'm looking for Commander Falleg-Tekin, I was told she might be here, I have a message came though but the comms aren't really working so I recorded it. It's from a Captain Tekin so I figured it might be important, I saved it on a chip for her."

Ruthie smiled and held out her hand. She was only an Ensign but she was an officer. "Come in. It'll just be from my father..."

A puzzled look came across the cadet's face and Ruthie took it as a confusion with the name although she didn't see how Falleg-Tekin and Tekin could be that difficult to fathom out.

"OK Stepfather but he adopted me... anyhow I'll get it to her, don't worry." She saw where he was looking at the map on the wall and closed her hand instinctively.

"That? Your guess is as good as mine but probably better not to mention it." She said giving the best impersonation of Hrafn's 'Mother in a Peeved Mood' look to the cadet. The cadet nodded and looked like he wanted to run away, Ruthie guessed he was asking to be dismissed. Rather pompously she said "You are dismissed, Cadet. Thank you for bringing this I'll make sure it gets to Commander Falleg-Tekin. And get onto whomever is the Chief Engineer... I've not looked at the manifest yet so other than immediate family and my personal friends I'm not sure who's going where!"

The cadet hopped off like he was Wile E. Coyote with a rocket on his back pursuing the Roadrunner.

"Please tell me we weren't that pathetic as cadets?" she said to Sally and Meros. Then resolved to meet her mother at the earliest convenience.

=/\= Ensign Falleg-Tekin to Commander Falleg-Tekin and Lt. Commander Sirol could I have a word, official, scientific potentially, when you have a moment or a few hours... I'm not sure how long this is going to take...but I feel it's important. Falleg-Tekin out =/\=

[Cargo Bay 4 - behind some crates, 20 mins later]

The 'cadet' who had recently handed the message on a chip to Ruthie was in fact one Modrott Penner. A Cardassian by birth and second cousin to Glinn Judrirt Jaindem (OOC: Glinn is the rank below Gul) who in turn was the son of the Gul killed by Ruthie to save her Stepfather, Tekin Nevir, some 7 years prior.

Modrott well knew the names 'Falleg' and 'Tekin' as the murders of his 2nd cousin's father ... it had been a tale of infamy passed though the family and vows of revenge taken at every family meal. While the Falleg-Tekins were under the protection of Starfleet the family knew that they couldn't openly attack any of them but had devised a plan to 'keep tabs' on them and move when the time was right. The Cardassians as a whole may not be antagonistic towards the Federation in general on a leave us alone and we'll leave you alone basis, but this was a personal vendetta.

He had set up a small communications array and just sent 3 words to his contact. "Found, Katra, Advise" in Cardassian.

He'd keep the other information about the legendary map, and the fact that he'd found what Captain Grix had stolen from them years ago. It had to be that, it even had the Obsidian Order Symbol on it even if it was upside down (he hadn't seen enough of the map to realise that it too was reversed and transposed).

(OOC: for more info about the map and backstory please look at Hrafn's biography)

'Yes, the spots go all the way down, no...you don't get to see.'
Celestial_Predator

Re: S1:E1 Renewed Purpose

Post by Celestial_Predator »

Celestia Mosura a Tholian Frigate would send a hailing message to Katra Station, upon its arrival in system. Not a particular powerful ship roughly equalivant in terms of firepower with that of comparable klingon or romulan birds of prey.

Eydis was standing on the bridge of the frigate, with a tholian console layout for the commander. Shi would then open the link to the station. Hir blue eyes burned as bright a blue sun, and seemingly had the power or Prescence to see right through a humanoid being with ease.

* The Tholian assembly wishes to convey its pleasure that the katra station is back up and running. I However wish to convey my own pleasure as seeing familiar and friendly faces again. Even if they were humaniod for the most part and lack the pleasant lines a Tholian has. The healer peylix is abroad with the Child emerald and the Parent Xasik. I wish to hasten the formalities and proceed to dock with your permission.*

Eydis tilted hir head a little in a kinda of cocksure manner that might indicate shi had a soft smile if shi were a humaniod being. Only beings connect over the lattice would get a little more evidence to confirm that idea she would be smiling if humaniod from her emotional state. Shi waited patiently for the reply from the station.
Last edited by Celestial_Predator on June 24th, 2022, 5:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Kyan Mackenzie

Post by Kyan Mackenzie »

:: Katra Station | Commander's Office ::

~ Before the Change of Command/Remodel/And stuff ~

"Commander, I don't really understand what you're telling me."

Kyan shifted to his left in the huge office chair that sat behind the huge desk in *his* huge office so that he could see the Admiral from behind the huge stack of padds that required his attention. It was as he'd imagined. Bald head. Jowls. Confusion hammered into his face.

Typical.

But that's what happened when you became a beauracrat. Folks who didn't share in the single minded goal of climbing the proverbial ladder were anathema to them. And when you climbed the ladder, what did they give you? Padds. Lots of them. And a big chair in which to read and sign them. Oh sure, you got bigger quarters. But that's probably because they knew that sitting around signing padds all day is a good way to get fat. So of course, you need more space to live in, and a bigger bed, and shower, and a reinforced toilet and all that.

Well, it wasn't going to happen to him! Not that he could gain weight even if he did sit around all day, which was another thing that he couldn't do. It was a scientific fact that he would eat literally ALL the candy and cake and not gain an ounce. He'd conducted that experiment. All he got for his trouble was a sugar high. Which was fun, but the subsequent crash was not.

Another scientific truth was that Lieutenant Commander Kyan Mackenzie was about the sorriest excuse for a diplomat this side of Tellar Prime. It simply wasnt his nature to be... diplomatic. During his stretch as Executive Officer turned Acting Commanding Officer, he'd attempted tried to learn some things, but it was a case of round holes and square pegs. The Dosi were mad because the Wadi didn't want to buy the Tuliberry wine that they said they wanted. The Wadi were upset with the colonists on Kylata because their gaming license got revoked. Turns out not everyone likes being put inside a game without agreeing to it first. Freighter Captain A was mad because his repair time got pushed back and now his shipment of beets was going to spoil.

And who did they complain to? Him. In addition to it all being mind numbingly boring, it was also messing with his life. The scouts had gone on their camping trip to New Bajor but he didn't get to go because of the Wadi thing. And from what he'd heard, that trip was fantastic! Meanwhile back on the station, Jim Kirk hadn't been properly murdered by the Klingons in about a month, and Kyan hadn't had time to go to Xasik's to have dinner or play with Emerald in just as long. Not that he could anyway, because Xasik and Emerald had gone off somewhere with the Tholians.

BUT... they were due back soon, and Jim Kirk getting his was far more pressing a concern, in Kyan's estimation, than whether or not the Dosi bought tulliberries or got to run their games on Kylata. So he'd decided to tell the Admiral to find someone else to sign padds and babysit Freighter captains and deal with the Wadi, Dosi, and whomever else decided that they couldn't solve their own problems.

"Well Admiral, I'm thinkin the now that there's just better folk for this job than me is all." Kyan replied finally. Then, "I'm not so good at being a baby sitter d'ye see... the which you probably know from the complaints.. But that Kareman captain threw down with me first. That was self defense so it was! And all the witnesses said so!"

"Yes. I read the report." the Admiral sighed. "So... you don't want to be station commander?"

"Nope." Kyan shook his head. "Nor Executive officer so.. but I got ideas on who oughtta be."

"I'm listening."

:: Katra Station | Promenade ::

~ Present Day ~

Kyan was in a happy mood as he strolled across the promenade. It was his day off after all, which meant that he was in what the Falleg-Tekin kids called his "kid-camoflauge"; Prairieview Green Sox t shirt, shorts with lots of pocket... what humands called "cargo shorts" and flip flops. Of course most of the pockets contained toys of varying lethal varieties, and his shorts were held aloft with a whip-sword belt, gifted to him by his old boss. They had a drawstring too. He'd taken the belt off once to demonstrate it and... well. That was a mistake he'd not make twice! As he ambled along, past the throngs of shoppers, new arrivals, and crew going about their business, he noticed a new vendor with a small portable kiosk set up.

The vendor was an elderly Ferengi female. That was conspicuous on its own, but what grabbed his attention like a tractor beams wasn't the Ferengi, it was her kiosk. Specifically, it was what she was peddling.

The kiosk... was full of toys.

Kyan waded through the small pack of kids surrounding the kiosk and looked it over. He was impressed. For such a small operation, she had quite a selection. There was a row of Vulcan brain teasers, a few betazoid dress up kits, and even a complete set of Klingon hero plush dolls, which of course were bootleg because even though they had the empire's emblem on the package, Kyan knew that the empire would never allow such a thing to be sold on Qo'Nos. "Kahless the Cute"? "Cheerful Chang"? Nope. That license request would be met with bloodshed. But what really caught his attention was the selection of action figures. Of course she had the essentials. There was Kirk in his ripped uniform, Spock, McCoy, and Commander Scott. But she had Sulu in his original Science uniform! Not alot of people knew that before he piloted the ship, the sword wielding Lieutenant worked in the science department. Kyan had never even seen that one in person!

But that wasn't all. She had Gorkon, Chang, and the Kahless vs. Molor box set! There were quite a few Ferengi action figures too. Maurauder Mo, Lorg Latinum, and Brak the Big Spender were all there. AND she even had Dilq the Destitute, which was rare. Kyan grabbed blue shirted Sulu and Dilq the Destitute. He already had the other Ferengis, and most of the Federation ones too. The old Ferengi woman noticed.

"Ahh." she offered with a toothy smile. "Someone knows his collectables!"

Kyan nodded, putting the toys under one arm to reach for his money. "Sure and I do. I been after getting these guys for ages! Since Marauder Mo came out so I have."

She looked at him with some curiousity. "Since... Marauder Mo has been out for the sixty years now."

"Yup." he said. "I got me a first edition set... well, mostly. It dinnae have Lorg Latinum or Dilq in it, but I got Lorg for Yule once from me old boss, and now here you are with Dilq! So now I'll have the whole set."

"Your old boss?"

Nodding again, Kyan went on. "Yup. Me old boss Dahg, Captain of the Latinum Beetle. They ought to make a toy for him, as many adventures as he had! Did you ever hear of him?

Recognition came across her aged features when Kyan mentioned the old Ferengi. In fact she looked as though she might tear up.

"Dahg was my father." she answered. "You must be Kyan!"

His eyes widened. "Wamba?"

She nodded, smiling. "Yes! My father told us stories about you and Korgon and the others all the time. Well I'll be bankrupt!"

Something about small galaxies and crazy coincidences died on his tongue as he remembered the last, and only, time he'd ever seen the old Ferengi. She was still an infant then, and naked, since it was well before the reforms and Dahg had been devout in their religion...mostly. He remembered how awkward it was to hold a naked baby, and a girl baby at that. Dahg had found the whole thing hilarious. Especially when she'd gotten his shirt wet.

There was probably something better to recall in that particular meeting... like how cute she'd been or something, but getting peed on was a bit more memorable. "I met you when you was but a wee little baby." he offered with a smile. "Ye peed on me shirt then so ye did.. and now here ye are with your own business!"

She laughed. "I'm sure many shirts suffered the same fate before we started wearing clothes. And yes, rule number fifteen...."

"A Ferengi without profits is no Ferengi at all!" Kyan interupted happily.

"I see you didn't spend all that time on the Beetle for nothing." Wamba replied. "But yes. my granddaughter is in Starfleet, and they stationed her here. So I came along, with her sons to help take care of them... and to turn a tidy profit." Then she indicated the action figures with a nod and a grin. "Speaking of which."

Kyan followed her eyes. "Oh yeah!" he laughed. "Right. How much then?"

"Five strips for the Hoo-man, and six for Dilq, which is more than he ever made."

He was about to hand over the money but stopped. "Ahh but only fools pay retail!"

Demba chuckled. "True. but a friend who asks for a discount is no friend."

Kyan shrugged. "So he isn't. Very Well then Demba, daughter of Dahg. we can be friends."

He handed over the latinum, which she slipped into a bejeweled bag. "You should come and meet my granddaughter and her sons. We have quarters on deck fifteen." she said, taking another kid's money. "In fact, come for dinner."

"Sure!" Kyan replied. "I'd like to meet a Ferengi kid who won't pee on me."
=/\= Falleg-Tekin to Sirol, MacKenzie and Pev, could you meet me in my Office asap please, no need for uniform dress, this is just going to be an informal chat... if someone can pick up some goodies from the Bakery on the Prom I'd be grateful, I haven't had a chance to cook yet, we're good for beverages tho... that much is working in the replicators! Falleg-Tekin out =/\=
He reached into his pocket and tapped his com badge. =/\= On me way boss! =/\= he answered, then looked back at Demba. "Welp.. the new boss wants tae be seein me. But I'll come over some time. Sure and I'm happy tae run into you!"

She shook the bag and offered him a broad smile. "And I you."

With that, Kyan waved goodbye and set off toward the bakery to get.. "goodies".

~ Several minutes later ~

The doors to the ready room wisked open and Kyan entered. "Hey boss! he greeted Hrafn happily. "I got some bakery stuff. And you'll never guess who I saw on the promenade! Me old captain's daughter... who is old herself the now... but selling toys! Sure and ye need to go there. She's got stuff that Tidu and Lamar would like... prolly Nerys too... dunno about girls toys though."

After dropping the bakery cakes on the desk he went over and deposited himself in a chair. "So how's it being the boss now? D'ye like the office?"
Pev

Post by Pev »

The Klingon bird-of-prey came to a stop within transporter range of the reclaimed Katra Station.

"For you," Captain KaroQ' said in his low, booming voice. KaroQ' always managed to sound like he was yelling, even when he was engaged in regular conversation. It was a trait the S'ti'ach had found profoundly disconcerting for the first three days he'd been aboard the Moq, but had eventually learned the differences in tonal quality needed for him to distinguish when the Klingon was speaking, yelling, giving orders, or threatening. All of which he'd heard on his brief exchange mission away from Katra Station.

Pev's own Klingon Defense Force uniform was still torn and stained in places, and he himself had patches where his blue fur had been singed off by fire, not to mention the poorly-stitched, still seeping shoulder wound. He'd definitely need a trip to sick bay before returning to active duty.

Captain KaroQ' held forth a fully-functional, combat-ready bat'leth, specially scaled and balanced for the S'ti'ach. "For all your size and appearance, you have proven yourself a true warrior, and I present you with this, a true warrior's weapon. Plunge it into the hearts of your enemies, and carve your name into the annals of history, so the Black Fleet knows your name when you leave this life."

Pev, awed by the gesture, accepted the weapon. "Mere death is not defeat," he replied solemnly, quoting a Klingon ritualistic song, " And in the next world I shall kill the foe a thousand times, laughing, undefeated."

KaroQ' laughed boisterously, the bridge crew of the Moq joining in. They'd faced much together, and bellowed the deaths of several fellow crewmen in so doing. But this small blue alien was something they knew they'd not see the likes of again any time soon.

"Come find us when you are ready to have some real adventure," finished KaroQ' with a nod.

"And a great adventure it will be," returned Pev with a wide grin, replacing the Klingon badge on his scorched armor vest with his Star Fleet comm badge.

"Ensign Pev requesting transport," he said, after opening s channel to the station. "'IwlIj jachjaj! Qapla'!"

With a shimmer and a sound like musical chimes, the S'ti'ach vanished, to reappear on a transporter pad within the station.

"Good to have you back, ensign," said Lucy Jericho, the transporter operator. "You look...somewhat the worse for wear, I must say! Everything go all right aboard the Moq?"

"Thank you Lucy, I--"
"--will need to tell you the story later." His lower left hand resting across his right ribcage, the S'ti'ach stepped off the transporter pad and made his way to the CO's office, his new bat'leth held across his chest by his upper left and lower right hands. He'd been briefed on the change of command while serving aboard the Klingon bird-of-prey, but as he made his way to the office his mind drifted to Sally, and the date they'd yet to have. He rather hoped that now that they were settling once again, he'd have a chance to spend a little time with her that didn't involve anyone shooting at them.

At last, Pev stepped through the automatically-opened doors of the CO's office, and those within witnessed a S'ti'ach, dressed in battered Klingon armor, a bat'leth in his hands, looking somewhat the worse for his experiences.

"nuqneH!" he growled. "Ensign Pev reporting for duty. Qaleghqa'mo' jIQuch!" Grinning a bit painfully at the stares that greeted him, Pev offered: "The 'routine exchange patrol' I was assigned to became somewhat...contentious, I believe is the word. The abandoned Klingon outpost had been taken over by an Orion syndicate known as Declan Omega. Captain KaroQ' did not take that well, and so ordered we clear the station. Which we did. Vigorously." He held up his new weapon, though favored his left side. "It seems I held my own in the Klingon's estimation."
Last edited by Pev on June 20th, 2022, 5:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Hrafn Falleg

Post by Hrafn Falleg »

Kyan Mackenzie wrote: June 18th, 2022, 7:21 am
He reached into his pocket and tapped his com badge. =/\= On me way boss! =/\= he answered, then looked back at Demba. "Welp.. the new boss wants tae be seein me. But I'll come over some time. Sure and I'm happy tae run into you!"

She shook the bag and offered him a broad smile. "And I you."

With that, Kyan waved goodbye and set off toward the bakery to get.. "goodies".

~ Several minutes later ~

The doors to the ready room wisked open and Kyan entered. "Hey boss! he greeted Hrafn happily. "I got some bakery stuff. And you'll never guess who I saw on the promenade! Me old captain's daughter... who is old herself the now... but selling toys! Sure and ye need to go there. She's got stuff that Tidu and Lamar would like... prolly Nerys too... dunno about girls toys though."

After dropping the bakery cakes on the desk he went over and deposited himself in a chair. "So how's it being the boss now? D'ye like the office?"
[CO's Office - Katra Station]

Hrafn smiled as Kyan came in through the door. "I nearly mistook you for one of mine being as you're in 'kid camo' today!" she chuckled. "Thanks for the goodies, let me know how many credits I owe you or come for dinner a few times and I'll stuff you full of home baked ones to make up! As for the office. As you can see, I'm remodelling... well ok furniture moving and repainting, new photos on the wall and such, you know, making it mine!"
Pev wrote: June 19th, 2022, 1:37 pm The Klingon bird-of-prey came to a stop within transporter range of the reclaimed Katra Station.

"For you," Captain KaroQ' said in his low, booming voice. KaroQ' always managed to sound like he was yelling, even when he was engaged in regular conversation. It was a trait the S'ti'ach had found profoundly disconcerting for the first three days he'd been aboard the Moq, but had eventually learned the differences in tonal quality needed for him to distinguish when the Klingon was speaking, yelling, giving orders, or threatening. All of which he'd heard on his away tome from Katra Station.

Pev's own Klingon Defense Force uniform was still torn and stained in places, and he himself had patches where his blue fur had been singed off by fire, not to mention the poorly-stitched, still seeping shoulder wound. He'd definitely need a trip to sick bay before returning to active duty.

Captain KaroQ' held forth a fully-functional, combat-ready bat'leth, specially scaled and balanced for the S'ti'ach. "For all your size and appearance, you have proven yourself a true warrior, and I present you with this, a true warrior's weapon. Plunge it into the hearts of your enemies, and carve your name into the annals of history, so the Black Fleet knows your name when you leave this life."

Pev, awed by the gesture, accepted the weapon. "Mere death is not defeat," he replied solemnly, quoting a Klingon ritualistic song, " And in the next world I shall kill the foe a thousand times, laughing, undefeated."

KaroQ' laughed boisterously, the bridge crew of the Moq joining in. They'd faced much together, and bellowed the deaths of several fellow crewmen in so doing. But this small blue alien was something they knew they'd not see the likes of again any time soon.

"Come find us when you are ready to have some real adventure," finished KaroQ' with a nod.

"And a great adventure it will be," returned Pev with a wide grin, replacing the Klingon badge on his scorched armor vest with his Star Fleet comm badge.

"Ensign Pev requesting transport," he said, after opening s channel to the station. "'IwlIj jachjaj! Qapla'!"

With a shimmer and a sound like musical chimes, the S'ti'ach vanished, to reappear on a transporter pad within the station.

"Good to have you back, ensign," said Lucy Jericho, the transporter operator. "You look...somewhat the worse for wear, I must say! Everything go all right aboard the Moq?"

"Thank you Lucy, I--"
"--will need to tell you the story later." His lower left hand resting across his right ribcage, the S'ti'ach stepped off the transporter pad and made his way to the CO's office, his new bat'leth held across his chest by his upper left and lower right hands. He'd been briefed on the change of command while serving aboard the Klingon bird-of-prey, but as he made his way to the office his mind drifted to Sally, and the date they'd yet to have. He rather hoped that now that they were settling once again, he'd have a chance to spend a little time with her that didn't involve anyone shooting at them.

At last, Pev stepped through the automatically-opened doors of the CO's office, and those within witnessed a S'ti'ach, dressed in battered Klingon armor, a bat'leth in his hands, looking somewhat the worse for his experiences.

"nuqneH!" he growled. "Ensign Pev reporting for duty. Qaleghqa'mo' jIQuch!" Grinning a bit painfully at the stares that greeted him, Pev offered: "The 'routine exchange patrol' I was assigned to became somewhat...contentious, I believe is the word. The abandoned Klingon outpost had been taken over by an Orion syndicate known as Declan Omega. Captain KaroQ' did not take that well, and so ordered we clear the station which we did. Vigorously." He held up his new weapon, though favored his left side. "It seems I held my own in the Klingon's estimation."
The CO raised an eyebrow at the appearance of Pev and then grinned. "I presume this wasn't a good day to die then, Ensign?! Help yourself to a cake or whatever Kyan's brought and the replicator there works. And not duty, just an informal chat, you, me and Sirol when she arrives... and Kyan I want words with you..."
Hrafn Falleg wrote: June 17th, 2022, 4:30 pm
[Falleg-Tekin Family Quarters]

=/\= Ensign Falleg-Tekin to Commander Falleg-Tekin and Lt. Commander Sirol could I have a word, official, scientific potentially, when you have a moment or a few hours... I'm not sure how long this is going to take...but I feel it's important. Falleg-Tekin out =/\=
She was interrupted by a comm message from her eldest daughter.

=/\= Bosswoman here, Swing by my office there's nothing I'm going to be talking about in the next 10 mins that you can't hear and whatever you've got to say it's not going to be anything that Uncle Kyan, Aunt Sirol and Pev can't here I'm fairly certain. Incidentally, I'm not going to be responding to comms like that once everything is fully operational... just for now! Mam out. =/\=

"Wonder what she needs"
Hrafn said with a shrug and helping herself to a cake. "Now then Kyan MacKenzie... I believe it's YOU I have to thank for being landed with this job?!"

LawrieMcGellen
Location: Edinburgh, Scotland (this is an alt of Hrafn, so these are Lawrie's details, LOL)

Post by LawrieMcGellen »

[Promenade - Katra Station]

Lawrie strolled around having checked in a few hours previously, he'd arrived a day early having hopped onto the New Bajor to Katra shuttle. He figured that he could get to know the station a little before he had to do any serious stuff.

His senses were accosted by an ear-splitting squeal and was tackled-hugged by two ginger children.

"UNCLE LAWRIE!!!!" was shouted in unison.

"Alright ye wee beggers, I know you've not seen me in a few weeks but at least let me get up and walk straight!" Lawrie chuckled, ruffling Tidu's hair and giving Nerys a quick kiss on the cheek.

James came running up with Lamar on his shoulders. "Och, being a gurr-aff again I see, young man?!"

"It's Giraffe, Uncle Lawrie, silly man!"

"Oh I stand corrected so I do!" the Acting CMO said chuckling. "And how is the giraffe-steed doing?!"

"Well, seriously out of puff running around after these 3, but Crista's getting sorted in the Civilian/Starfleet Children's Services offices and then she's going to poke around the Promenade shops to see what's left after the refit and hope the Bajoran seamstress she was planning the wedding dress with is still here or rather came back... naturally she doesn't want me around while she's doing that." James said with a wry smile. "She could wear a potato sack and to me she'll sill be beautiful."

"Beauty is in the eyes of the beer-holder!" the Scot chuckled. "Seriously tho, if you fancy a friendly drink once you're free of small ginger midgets, feel free. However..." he continued, looking mischievous. "I believe I owe a fair few birthday and christmas presents since I wasn't around. Is there a toy shop?!"

"Yes a Ferengi one..." Nerys said and looked slightly worriedly up at Lamar. "Less of a shop, more of a kiosk... it was this way..."

"Right well we are right next to the bakery... pick a cake each then we'll find that kiosk and then we'll go get you some sweets."

The children's eyes lit up and Lawrie lent in to James, a glint in his eye. "Hrafn will want to murder me, I'm giving them back full of sugar just when you and Crista will be getting some alone time, muhahahaha!" He did a clawed hand and 'mad scientist' look while fishing out a credit chip for the bakery assistant. "I still don't have my account set up here to take automatically out of my credits from Starfleet, so I got them to give me a selection of value on chips over on New Bajor. Oh that reminds me, I paid my respects to your Amar and Afar..." he bent and whispered in Nerys' ear while handing her a little pink cake she'd chosen. "I remembered this time!" (he'd forgotten when Lamar had said he was named for his Afar and Nerys had supplied the word 'Grandfather' last time they'd met in the Arboretum.) He returned to his full 6'2" height and smiled. "...they gave me gifts for all of you. Including your wedding gift James...well you and Crista obviously. But I'm to give that directly to Hrafn to keep safe in the Assay Office until closer to the time of the wedding."

They came up to the kiosk full of toys and collectibles, and started looking over them. A voice about 10 times louder than it should be for a child so small suddenly came from above Lawrie's head. Not just saying but pointing straight at the older Ferengi woman so there could be no doubt what he meant.

"NELLYFANT EARS!!!"

[OOC: While it's been archived, the backstory to this may be viewed HERE on Shadowfleet. Read the 3 posts from this point on.]
I even try to save green-blooded hobgoblins!
Bluddy Hippocratic Oath!!
Kyan Mackenzie

Post by Kyan Mackenzie »

:: Commander's Office | Katra Station ::
Hrafn Falleg wrote: June 20th, 2022, 4:12 pm Hrafn smiled as Kyan came in through the door. "I nearly mistook you for one of mine being as you're in 'kid camo' today!" she chuckled. "Thanks for the goodies, let me know how many credits I owe you or come for dinner a few times and I'll stuff you full of home baked ones to make up! As for the office. As you can see, I'm remodelling... well ok furniture moving and repainting, new photos on the wall and such, you know, making it mine!"
"Dinnae worry on it." Kyan offered absently, considering Dilq the Destitute's packaging. "Besides which, it's me who'll be owing you the latinum when you see all the padds and stuff this job is. It's what the Humans called... "wicked and wierd" punishment so, especially the diplomacy parts. I'm well shut of it, and all the powers bless you for taking it up!"

It was then that the doors opened and their "diplomatic officer" stepped in, looking like the exact opposite.
Pev wrote:"nuqneH!" he growled. "Ensign Pev reporting for duty. Qaleghqa'mo' jIQuch!" Grinning a bit painfully at the stares that greeted him, Pev offered: "The 'routine exchange patrol' I was assigned to became somewhat...contentious, I believe is the word. The abandoned Klingon outpost had been taken over by an Orion syndicate known as Declan Omega. Captain KaroQ' did not take that well, and so ordered we clear the station. Which we did. Vigorously." He held up his new weapon, though favored his left side. "It seems I held my own in the Klingon's estimation."
The new additions to his action figure collection, and their possible roles in the epic downfall of one James T. Kirk, were all but forgotten when Pev showed up. The diminutive blue St'ia'tch's uniform, coupled with the fact that he had a bat'leth in his hand were far more compelling. "Mister Pev!" Kyan called out. "Welcome back! I'll be after hearin all about your adventures in detail after this meeting, and we can test out yer bat'leth!"
Hrafn Falleg wrote: June 20th, 2022, 4:12 pm
".....Kyan MacKenzie... I believe it's YOU I have to thank for being landed with this job?!"
He hadn't even heard Ruthie's call, so taken with Pev and his new Bat'leth. Only when Hrafn mentioned him by name did he tune in on what she was saying. Smiling innocently, he shrugged. "Well, technically it was them Admirals that done it. I only mentioned you see so.."
Hrafn Falleg

Post by Hrafn Falleg »

Kyan Mackenzie wrote: June 24th, 2022, 10:13 am :: Commander's Office | Katra Station ::
Hrafn Falleg wrote: June 20th, 2022, 4:12 pm Hrafn smiled as Kyan came in through the door. "I nearly mistook you for one of mine being as you're in 'kid camo' today!" she chuckled. "Thanks for the goodies, let me know how many credits I owe you or come for dinner a few times and I'll stuff you full of home baked ones to make up! As for the office. As you can see, I'm remodelling... well ok furniture moving and repainting, new photos on the wall and such, you know, making it mine!"
"Dinnae worry on it." Kyan offered absently, considering Dilq the Destitute's packaging. "Besides which, it's me who'll be owing you the latinum when you see all the padds and stuff this job is. It's what the Humans called... "wicked and wierd" punishment so, especially the diplomacy parts. I'm well shut of it, and all the powers bless you for taking it up!"

It was then that the doors opened and their "diplomatic officer" stepped in, looking like the exact opposite.
Pev wrote:"nuqneH!" he growled. "Ensign Pev reporting for duty. Qaleghqa'mo' jIQuch!" Grinning a bit painfully at the stares that greeted him, Pev offered: "The 'routine exchange patrol' I was assigned to became somewhat...contentious, I believe is the word. The abandoned Klingon outpost had been taken over by an Orion syndicate known as Declan Omega. Captain KaroQ' did not take that well, and so ordered we clear the station. Which we did. Vigorously." He held up his new weapon, though favored his left side. "It seems I held my own in the Klingon's estimation."
The new additions to his action figure collection, and their possible roles in the epic downfall of one James T. Kirk, were all but forgotten when Pev showed up. The diminutive blue St'ia'tch's uniform, coupled with the fact that he had a bat'leth in his hand were far more compelling. "Mister Pev!" Kyan called out. "Welcome back! I'll be after hearin all about your adventures in detail after this meeting, and we can test out yer bat'leth!"
Hrafn Falleg wrote: June 20th, 2022, 4:12 pm
".....Kyan MacKenzie... I believe it's YOU I have to thank for being landed with this job?!"
He hadn't even heard Ruthie's call, so taken with Pev and his new Bat'leth. Only when Hrafn mentioned him by name did he tune in on what she was saying. Smiling innocently, he shrugged. "Well, technically it was them Admirals that done it. I only mentioned you see so.."
Station Commander's Office

"That's your excuse!" she said with a grin. "I may have to devise some "wicked and wierd" punishment for you... ginger midget wrangling perhaps!"

She continued waiting for Ruthie and smiled wondering what her daughter needed.

"You know, being a mother of 4 and having a husband, there must be some transferrable skill set that would incorporate 'diplomacy' as part of it. I bet Ujosso is a pretty good diplomat too being a headmistress... mind, and being my best friend she won't mind me saying this, as a wife of and serving as a former KDF officer I'm pretty sure her methods of diplomacy might be rather different to mine! She might want to borrow Pev's bat'leth. There are days I would appreciate a bat'leth!"

Celestial_Predator

Post by Celestial_Predator »

Eydis waited as the seconds ticked by turning into minutes as her hail went unanswered by Katra station. Tilting hir head a little she could feel her friends were in fact on the station sensed no distress in them. Perhaps there had been some issues with Katra stations communications. Perhaps shi had used the wrong channels ?

Eydis had looked over at hir second in command of the Tholian new frigate class ship, Celestia Mosura. Hir blue eyes locked with the Normal hued ones of hir much taller and imposing second in command. Despite hir physical markings denotating her leadership role she was quite reduced in statue and size had she not been infused with the crystalline entity shard.

His annoyance at the delayed response from the station was present and tangible over the lattice. The reason that eydis had been given All the collected information on humanity and the federation and had that made part of her inherited memories. Her parent Loskene would've of reacted as tholian would and until just recently thanks to the reforms of the assembly, By the council memeber bright eyes should've of responded. To such a perceived slight by humanoids.

* Katra Station, Mother swan of the Tholian assembly under my Command. Captain in your ranks Eydis of the warrior caste. Are hailing you again, I can not hide my growing concern there exists a problem. Considering past events on the station, have lead me to think there is a reason perhaps sinister for the delay ? *

Eydis turned and gave a softy little shurg of utterly non-tholian assurance to hir second in command to ease him a little. But it only increased his unease. That his strange little commander had far more Human like personality traits .

Hrafn Falleg

Post by Hrafn Falleg »

Celestial_Predator wrote: June 24th, 2022, 5:11 pm Eydis waited as the seconds ticked by turning into minutes as her hail went unanswered by Katra station. Tilting hir head a little she could feel her friends were in fact on the station sensed no distress in them. Perhaps there had been some issues with Katra stations communications. Perhaps shi had used the wrong channels ?

Eydis had looked over at hir second in command of the Tholian new frigate class ship, Celestia Mosura. Hir blue eyes locked with the Normal hued ones of hir much taller and imposing second in command. Despite hir physical markings denotating her leadership role she was quite reduced in statue and size had she not been infused with the crystalline entity shard.

His annoyance at the delayed response from the station was present and tangible over the lattice. The reason that eydis had been given All the collected information on humanity and the federation and had that made part of her inherited memories. Her parent Loskene would've of reacted as tholian would and until just recently thanks to the reforms of the assembly, By the council memeber bright eyes should've of responded. To such a perceived slight by humanoids.

* Katra Station, Mother swan of the Tholian assembly under my Command. Captain in your ranks Eydis of the warrior caste. Are hailing you again, I can not hide my growing concern there exists a problem. Considering past events on the station, have lead me to think there is a reason perhaps sinister for the delay ? *

Eydis turned and gave a softy little shurg of utterly non-tholian assurance to hir second in command to ease him a little. But it only increased his unease. That his strange little commander had far more Human like personality traits .
[As Ops Personnel]

[Ops Centre - Katra Station]

=/\= Apologies Captain Eydis, nothing more sinister than a communications relay fault and staffing shortage while people return to the station and are stretched doing the refit. That said, you are cleared to dock... =/\=

There was a pause as the young Ops officer checked the docking stations and other than one or two of the civilian transport and the Katra support ship, all saucers were free.

=/\= ...at Saucer Two, we'll send a delegation down to meet you, perhaps Lt. Commander Sirol is free. =/\=

The Operation Command Centre was something of a shambles, if truth be told, there were more Engineers in the area with various wires, circuit boards and so on laying around, they were not as it happened totally functionable. If they were attacked, they would be sitting ducks... well that is if they hadn't already got the armaments checked out and working! The to-do list was seemingly never ending, considering the CO was pitching in and painting her own office! He sent a quick message on his PADD to Sally McCutcheon who he'd been playing game of chess with via their PADDs to wile away the moments between activity.

=/\= OOC to Commander Falleg-Tekin, Lt. Commander Sirol, Commander MacKenzie and Mr. Pev, who should I send down to meet Captain Eydis of the Tholian Assembly, shi is docking now. For now I'm sending down Ensign McCutcheon since she was the only person to respond earlier from Security, and she mentioned doing a double shift since we're still waiting on Personnel! =/\=

[Security >> Docking Saucer 2]

[As Ensign Sally McCutcheon, Lt. Wang-Sing and Crewman Pablo Montego - NPCs]

Sally got the message on her PADD and she smiled, putting down the cloth and polish she was using to clean up the consoles. She remembered the Tholian, Eydis fairly well and was happy to go meet her if no one else more senior was available.

Turning to the Crewman busy swabbing out the cells, again one of those jobs that people were taking since they were short staffed until the full crew contingent arrived.

"Pablo, I've just got a request to go down and meet one of the delegates for the Tholian Assembly, I'll be back. As they say 'Keep Calm and Carry On, there's unlikely to be much bother but if there is call me immediately or I think Lt. Wang-Sing is due down at shift rotation."

At that moment Wang-Sing wandered in yawning, cup of coffee in hand. "I woke up earlier than I wanted to, I figured given the situation at the moment I may as well check in here early."

"Perfect timing Lieutenant, I just got a call to go and meet Captain Eydis, so I'd rather leave the Security desk in the hands of an Officer, no offence Pablo, when it comes to maintaining order, you are just as good as anyone and we're still neck and neck on the shooting range!"

Pablo grinned and shook a finger. "Just wait, I'll beat you next time!"

[Saucer 2 Airlock]

Sally waited, tucking a loose strand of hair back over her ear and hoping that she looked presentable, tugging at her tunic to make sure it was straight, and hoping that Pev would come down and relieve her. Least it wasn't first contact, she had met Eydis before albeit briefly.

[CO's Office >> Saucer 2 Airlock]

[Hrafn]

Hrafn heard the call and sighed. "No rest for the wicked, Pev, you're our diplomat do you want to pop down, although I recommend you aren't wearing...that!" she gestured at the Klingon garb. "We can get back to this later and I'm actually glad in one way. How about I postpone it, and get all the senior officers in for a chat, Conference Room, 2000hrs, if you give me 5 mins I'll go change in the anteroom and if either of you want to replicate yourself a uniform and join me you may."

=/\= Falleg-Tekin to OCC and Ensign McCutcheon, I'll be down there in about 5 mins, hold hir there, not under restraint, I mean more stall for a little time! Falleg-Tekin out =/\=

The CO ran into the anteroom, ordering the replicator to make her uniform and changing on the run, and sending a message to all senior staff or their delegates to attend a meeting in Conference Room 1 at 2000hrs, still affixing pips to her collar as she stepped out of the turbolift and spotted Sally.

"Hello Sally, there may be some more people around soon, but I could use a break from the paining, and it wouldn't look good if not one senior officer didn't welcome hir."

Sally nodded gratefully, "Um...Commander may I... you have paint on your face, it's dried but may I pick it off?"

"Oh sure, thanks... oh look here shi is, look lively!" Hrafn turned and fixed a bright smile onto her face, waiting for the Tholian to come through the airlock.